Pages

Thursday 4 December 2014

Introduction;


*does signature triple backflip entrance*


Assalamualaikum, good... day! This is officially the first post on this blog, which will be used for TSL032: Listening and Speaking 2 for this semester. With this post, I bid you lot warm greetings, and here's to another four months of headaches, hard work, making mistakes and learning from it, and of course, another four months of growing up.


I am not a good speaker, or even someone who  can keep you entertained with my writing . My posts on this blog shall be simple and semi-formal, which is unfortunately the complete opposite of my personality. (As Chipo would say, #YouAreLiterature) *nervous laughter*














If this were that particular moment when you walk into your first class after moving into a new school, then this post will be giving you an insight on how I will be introducing myself. Awkwardness and cheap sarcasm included.

The name's Anisha Azreen binti Hasmizam, but prefers to be called Anisha or Nisha. An October baby, born on the 17th. I am either the coldest or nicest person you've ever met. I like Taylor Swift, and I actually murdered a chick when I was a six year-old. I have not yet, surprisingly, murdered anyone in the past 12 years, The world should feel blessed.

Raised in more than ten different places, I grew up quickly adapting to situations, therefore maturing a bit earlier than my age. Being the first child in the family adds to the 'mature' part as well. However, over the course of the last six months I have grown to embrace my childishness again - slowly turning into a 5'4" 6 year-old again, with the help of my friends of course.

Before this starts to turn into as long as a three-page excerpt of a Jane Austen novel, I would like to share my expectations and aims for this course, TSL 032: Listening and Speaking 2. It's be more than lovely if I get to:

  • learn more about how to give effective, yet simple and smartly informative speeches - a skill I so disgracefully lack.
  • learn how to give a demonstrative speech
  • learn more on how to listen better; how to gain the most information just from listening
  • learn how to communicate with efficiency and proficiency
  • learn the etiquette of giving talks, speeches and during daily communication
Well, unfortunately this would be the end of my first post. But there will be more of my annoying-ness and literary inaccuracy soon, so don't miss me. * awkward wink*

So, YOLO.



0 comments:

Post a Comment