Pages

Thursday 11 December 2014

*stares into the distance* interests;


Despite the fact that I cannot tolerate Ariana Grande and I killed a chick when I was a kid, I am still very much a normal human being who has specific interests in certain things.

Interest creates passion. 

And passionate speakers often gives impactful, convincing speeches. As the first assessment for TSL032: Listening and Speaking, we are required to perform a demonstrative speech, and the first step towards the task is to actually choose a topic. The first approach to choosing a suitable topic is by knowing what you are interested in, so you can deliver a speech on one of your interests.

As for me, my main interest would be music - be it the instruments, the beat, the lyrics or even the people who are involved in it. My life might have not been revolving around music since the start but as I skidded along the path, music is something I picked up piece by piece over the years. I might merely know how to play a few guitar chords and I still don't know what's the difference between pop punk and pop rock, but that does not corrode even a bit of my passion in music. And I'm pretty convinced my vice sounds like a frog giving birth.

I have a passion in writing as well, although I am quite undeniably bad at it. I love imagery and literature, and figuring the meaning of things. I also happen to have innate passion on judging people's character and figuring out who's being honest with me and who isn't. I guess I have quite a critical mind so I tend to figure out people's personality by their body language and the words they use and how they act towards me.


Coca-Cola is like my life passion, period. And Photoshop. I can GIF. *wiggles eyebrows* Okay lies. Sometimes I hate Photoshop because it's difficult to navigate. Half of the buttons in Photoshop I still don't understand the function, yanno.

Tumblr is also one of my biggest life passions. It's like you're entering a whole new world, where everyone is confident, no one judges another (not exactly no one, but less than that in real life though). Nice pictures, really nice pictures. And good puns. And physical, mental and sexual frustration. End of.

I wonder which one of these interests of mine will be my topic of interest for the demonstrative speech.

Oh, I forgot that I have intense passion in 'merempit' so I guess maybe I'l deliver a speech on how to cheat death while 'merempit'. *shrugs*

1 comments: